Each text is different. That is why I can give you only a rate range as a rough idea of the costs involved.
Verification of translated texts provided by the Client:
- reviewing: 75% of the rate for translation
- bilingual editing, including verification of terminology: 60%
- monolingual proofreading (grammar, spelling only): 40%
I would be more than happy to provide you with a free, non-binding offer. In order to do so, I will need a representative sample of the text, which can be sent to me via email or FTP.
I am VAT registered in the EU: PL5591317049 (intra-Community transactions, B2B).
Payments in Euro (EUR) or Polish Zloty (PLN) via wire transfer to my Polish bank account; payments in other currencies via PayPal.
There are three main factors that go into a quote for translation services:
- text volume
The translation cost is based on the number of words of the source text, i.e. the original text to be translated.*
- the type of text
The rates vary depending on the complexity of the project. Whereas marketing texts will typically allow for more creativity, the technical ones may require time-consuming research in order to ensure a correct and high quality translation.
- the urgency of the translation
The requested delivery date is also an important cost factor. Please consider that my daily productivity thresholds for translation work are as follows:
—up to 2000 words per day
Express (50% surcharge)
—max. 2800 words per day
When translating large-volume projects, technical texts etc. I offer the following discounts for matches from the client's TM:
|match range||% discount||adjusted word count|
|100%||0.2||= [100% Matches]*0.2|
|99–95%||0.3||= [99–95% Matches]*0.3|
|94–85%||0.5||= [94–85% Matches]*0.5|
|84–75%||0.7||= [84–75% Matches]*0.7|
|74–50%||1||= [74–50% Matches]*1|
|No Match||1||= [No Match]*1|
|Total adjusted word count||= sum of the above figures|
* Optional: pricing based on a standard line (1 line = 55 characters incl. spaces) or alternate methods, upon request. If it is not possible to count the words and/or characters in the source text, price calculations are done based on the finished (translated) text.